I am happy to announce that my book on modern C++ programming called Modern C++ Programming Cookbook, published by Packtpub, can now to pre-ordered. The book will be published around mid 2017, but pre-ordering gives you early access to the content as it is written.
As the title shows, the book is a cookbook with a collection of more than 100 recipes that will either teach you how to use modern C++ language or standard library features or solve common problems you face constantly. The book also covers useful patterns and idioms implemented in modern C++, but also several major testing frameworks. Recipes are exclusively using features from C++11/14/17. Each recipe teaches you how to do something and how that works, all with useful code examples.
What you will learn from the book:
- Get to know about the new core language features and the problems they were intended to solve
- Understand the standard support for threading and concurrency and know how to put them on work for daily basic tasks
- Leverage C++’s features to get increased robustness and performance
- Explore the widely-used testing frameworks for C++ and implement various useful patterns and idioms
- Work with various types of strings and look at the various aspects of compilation
- Explore functions and callable objects with a focus on modern features
- Leverage the standard library and work with containers, algorithms, and iterators
- Use the new utility additions to the standard library to solve common problems developers encounter