Microsoft has recently released the first Community Technology preview for Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0.
Here is a list of new things in VC++, from the VC++ team’s blog:
- MSBuild Support for Visual C++
- IntelliSense and Browsing Experience
- Improved Responsiveness and Scale
- Improved Accuracy and Robustness
- C++0x Features
- Lambda Expressions
- Rvalue References
- auto Keyword
- MFC Improvements
- Task Dialog Support
- Restart Manager Support
- New deployment model for Visual C++ Libraries (changed to not use Windows SxS configuration)
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP
- Minimum 75 GB available HDD space
- The host computer must have a minimum of 2 GB RAM, with 1 GB allocated to the host operating system and 1 GB allocated to the VPC.
- We recommend that the host computer CPU be at least a Core Duo 2 GHz processor.
- Service Pack 1 of Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 is required to access the VPC.
You can provide feedback about this CTP at Microsoft Connect