MSDN Code Gallery made available an update for the Windows API Code Pack for .NET Framework 3.5 (or above), a library that provides access to some Window 7 features and some existing features in previous operating systems. It includes:
- Windows 7 Taskbar Jump Lists, Icon Overlay, Progress Bar, Tabbed Thumbnails, and Thumbnail Toolbars.
- Known Folders, Windows 7 Libraries, non-file system containers, and a hierarchy of Shell Namespace entities.
- Windows 7 Explorer Browser Control.
- Shell property system.
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 Common File Dialogs, including custom controls.
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 Task Dialogs.
- Direct3D 11.0, Direct3D 10.1/10.0, DXGI 1.0/1.1, Direct2D 1.0, DirectWrite, Windows Imaging Component (WIC) APIs. (DirectWrite and WIC have partial support)
- Sensor Platform APIs
- Extended Linguistic Services APIs
- Power Management APIs
- Application Restart and Recovery APIs
- Network List Manager APIs
- ommand Link control and System defined Shell icons.
The requirements for using this library are:
- .NET Framework 3.5
- Windows 7 RC (some features work on previous operating systems too)
- DirectX features have dependency on Windows SDK for Windows 7 RC and March 2009 release of DirectX SDK
You can download the Code Pack library from here.